Pastor Harris VerKaik underwent surgery on Monday, August 14, at St. Mary's Hospital, to repair an external chest wound that has not healed since earlier surgery over two years ago. He remains hospitalized.
Immediate Prayer Requests
Pastor Lou Kraay was admitted to Zeeland Hospital on Friday, August 18 due to low liver enzymes. He returned home on Saturday, August 19.
Larry Timmer underwent knee replacement surgery on Thursday, August 17, at Zeeland Hospital. He returned home on Friday, August 18.
Don Knoll was found to have infection at the site where his pacemaker was implanted. He underwent a procedure on Thursday, August 17, to address the infection. He stayed one night at the hospital and returned home on Friday, August 18.
We extend our Christian sympathy to Bev and Arlyn Essenburg upon the passing of Bev's stepmother, Alice Visser. Mrs. Visser passed away on Monday, August 14. Visitation was on Thursday, August 17, at South Olive CRC from 6:00-8:00pm. The funeral will be held at South Olive CRC on Friday, August 18, at 1:00pm. Additional family includes grandchildren: Corey Essenburg, Chad Essenburg, and Kristen and Nate Faber.
We extend our Christian sympathy to Rocky and Carol Penning upon the passing of Rocky's mother, Bette Penning. Mrs. Penning passed away on Tuesday, August 15. Visitation will be at Matthysse-Kuiper-DeGraaf Funeral Home in Grandville on Friday, August 18, from 6:00-8:00pm and on Saturday, August 19, from 10:00-11:00am. The funeral will follow on Saturday at 11:00am.
Jim Zuidema suffered a fall that resulted in a fractured vertebra and a compressed disk. Doctors have determined that surgery is not necessary at this time. Please pray for healing.
Dan Bolhuis is currently undergoing chemo treatments at the Spectrum Health Cancer Center in Grand Rapids. Please pray for healing, endurance, and peace during this time.
Ron Veenstra will undergo outpatient hernia surgery at Spectrum Surgical Center on Wednesday, August 23.
Calvin Schut will undergo a left hip replacement surgery on Thursday, August 24, at Blodgett Hospital.
Cal Bekkering will undergo a heart ablation on Thursday, August 24.
Corie Essenburg was admitted to Blodgett Hospital on Friday, August 11, due to a stone in his gallbladder and bile-duct. Doctors removed the stones on Saturday and the gallbladder on Sunday, August 13. He has returned home.
1. Please pray for those who are battling pornography and sexual addictions.
2. Please pray for families considering and/or pursuing the opportunity of adoption.
3. Please pray that God would protect those involved in struggling and/or abusive marriages. Please pray that God would open doors of communication–providing the means to talk with one another.
4. Please pray for those who are struggling with drug and alcohol abuse.
5. Please pray for those who endure chronic pain on a daily basis–battling illnesses and diagnoses that have minimal treatment options.
6. Please pray for those struggling with suicidal behaviors.