Starts September 26
Age 4 – K | Wed. 6:30p - 8:00p | Sept - March
Jesus and Me for Juniors helps us to know our best friend, Jesus, is the focus for our Jr’s. Large group time begins the night, as we hear a story that reinforces the nights Bible lesson from our puppet friends! Next, we keep the kids moving, as we rotate through super-fun lesson supporting stations: Crafts, Story, Games, and more!
We participate in the theme nights and 'coin-catching' right along with JAM!
How can I Grow / serve?
- Each class of 4 year old through Kindergarten needs a leader. The responsibilities include greeting the children, supervising and participating with your class during the opening time, and guiding and assisting them through their story, craft and games rotations. No teaching or advance preparation is needed, which makes this a great opportunity for men and women who wish to spend quality time getting to know the children.
- Each class in Jr. JAM needs a helper to assist the leader and help with supervision. This is a great opportunity for youth to become involved and learn what it means to be a volunteer serving Jesus.
- Puppet leaders do a short puppet story with the children each week.
- Jr. JAM rotations include crafts and games. Leaders for these rotations plan and prepare for these activities using ideas from the provided curriculum or their own ideas that would serve to enhance the Bible story and memory verse being taught.
- Story time for Jr. JAM is a "Children and Worship" type story where the children watch and listen as the leader tells the story and moves the figures provided to have a visual aspect for the children as they learn a new Bible story.
- Substitute teachers are always needed and appreciated.